COMPANY F, 6th TEXAS CAVALRY REGIMENT
“THE LANCASTER GUARDS”
Company F, was recruited in DallasCounty during the spring of 1861. They came from the Lancaster area
of the county and had been serving as a loosely organized militia. Through additional recruiting a cavalry company was
formed on the 1 - 4th July, 1861. They soon participated with training exercises on the State Fair Grounds with several other
companies being recruited in North Texas. Robert S. Guy was elected as the unit’s first Captain. In late August, 1861 the
regiment began to form at Camp Bartow, seven miles south of Dallas (“between what is nownHutchins and the River, north of
Dowdy Ferry Road”). On September 9th the Company was mustered in as Company F, 6th Texas Cavalry Regiment, CSA.
September 9, 1861.
Stationed at Dallas, Dallas County, TX.
September 9, 1861 Muster-in roll of Captain Robert S. Guy's Company F, in
the ___ Regiment (___ Brigade) of Texas Cavalry Volunteers, commanded by Colonel B. Warren Stone, Called into the service
of the Confederate States in the Provisional Army under the provisions of the Act of Congress passed February ___, 1861 by the
Secretary of War from September 9, 1861 (date of this muster) For a term of twelvemonths, unless sooner discharged.
SIGNED R. R. GARLAND, Captain, Confederate States Army, Mustering Officer.
October 31, 1861
Stationed at Flat Rock Creek, Missouri.
November - December 1861 Stationed at Fort Gibson, Cherokee
January - February 1862 Station at camp on
Lee's Creek, AK.
March - April 1862
Stationed at Camp McIntosh, Ak.
March 4, 1862
Again took up the line of march.
March 7, 1862 Met the enemy near Elkhorn
Tavern and participated in the battle.
May - June 1862
Stationed at Camp Maury, MS.
July - August 1862
Stationed in the field.
September - October 1862 Stationed at
Camp Rogers, MS.
November - December 1862 Stationed
January - February 1863 Stationed
near Spring Hill, TN.
March - April 1863
Stationed at Spring Hill, TN.
May - June 1863
Stationed near Brownsville, MS.
July - August 1863
Station near Ebenezar, MS.
May - June 1864
Stationed near Marietta, GA.