COMPANY K, 6th TEXAS CAVALRY REGIMENT, CSA
Company K, came from Ranger Duty in the IndianTerritories where they had been sent to capture Union forts. The company had been recruited by James
Webb Throckmorton, of CollinCounty, and had three months of Indian fighting under their belts before being mustered in as
Company K, to complete the regiment. Capt Throckmorton commanded the company until May 1862 when he was not elected
commander and he decided his health was not up to the war. He later became a governor of the State of Texas. Company K,
trained at CampBartow until its entry into the war.
September 12, 1861.
Stationed at Dallas, Dallas County, TX.
September 12, 1861 Muster-in roll of Captain James W. Throckmorton's
Company K , in the ___ Regiment (___ Brigade) of Texas Cavalry Volunteers, commanded by Colonel B. Warren Stone, Called
into the service of the Confederate States in the Provisional Army under the provisions of the Act of Congress passed February
___, 1861 by the Secretary of War from September 12, 1861 (date of this muster) For a term of twelvemonths, unless sooner
R. R. GARLAND, Captain, Confederate States Army, Mustering Officer.
October 31, 1861
Stationed at Flat Rock Creek, Missouri.
November - December 1861 Stationed at Fort Gibson,
Cherokee Nation, I.T.
January - February 1862 Station at
camp on Lee's Creek, AK.
February 21, 1862 First Lieutenant L. M. Martin was sent on
detached service by
Colonel Stone on February 21.
February 23, 1862 From best information, Lt Martin was captured by
Federal Army at Fayetteville, AK
on February 23.
March - April 1862
Stationed at Camp McIntosh, Ak.
May - June 1862
Stationed at Camp Maury, MS.
July - August 1862
Stationed at CampFrankArmstrong, MS.
September - October 1862 & Stationed at
Camp Rogers, MS.
October 4, 1862
Company was engaged in the battle of Cointh.
November - December 1862
Stationed not stated.
January - April 1863
Stationed at Spring Hill, TN.
May - June 1863
Â Stationed near Brownsville, MS.
July - August 1863
Station near Ebenzar, MS.
May - June 1864
Station near Ruff's Depot, GA.